We consider labour productivity to be the amount of profitable work we do in a given amount of time. This amount should be the maximum possible and should be increased so that your time is profitable, whether you are an employee or self-employed. Here are 5 tips to improve your productivity at work.
Tips to improve productivity
- REST AND GETTING UP EARLY. Rest is one of the most important factors for high performance. A rested mind is much more productive, quicker and more effective, and if we combine this with getting up early, it increases productivity potential. It is advisable to sleep between 7 to 8 hours, so if we get up around 6 – 7 am and go to bed no later than 11 pm, we can make the most of the early hours of the morning and maximise our performance.
- PLANNING THE DAY. Sometimes we think that this part is a waste of time, but it is just the opposite. Spending a few minutes organising your day at the start of the working day helps you to prioritise and move on to the important things. Likewise, when you finish one task, you know what comes next.
- KEEP YOUR WORK AREA TIDY. Although we may not believe it, order influences the worker’s motivation, so having a tidy and clean work area will be more comfortable to work in and will facilitate performance. Don’t forget to keep your computer tidy, having your documents organised makes it easier to find them.
- REST BREAKS BETWEEN TASKS. Breaks at work are not wasted time. Whether you work at home or in an office these breaks are necessary as they help us to stay focused. The human brain works with shorter rather than longer periods of productivity.
- NOT MULTITASK. Being a multitasker is thought to be an advantage, but it is just the opposite. Focusing only on the one task you are performing makes you put all your attention on it and solve the problems and objections so that it is decided with the best possible clarity.
We hope that these tips will help you to better manage your work and personal activities, as they can also be applied to your daily routines and lead a calmer and stress-free life.